Required Items: Please bring the following on Day 2, Field Day
- Water: thermos or flask 1-2L, hydration pack not recommended due to cold freezing the tube
- Some additional snacks/treats/drinks to supplement provided lunch
- Digital Avalanche Transceiver
- Avalanche Shovel: collapsible & metal
- Collapsible Avalanche Probe
- Skis: ‘Alpine Touring with touring bindings’ or ‘Telemark’
- Split Board: with split board skins. Please have your transitions dialled for the field days.
- Ski Poles: recommended for all modes of travel
- Climbing Skins ‘Stick-on type’
- Boots: appropriate for your mode of snow travel
- Day Pack: large enough for spare clothes, lunch, shovel, probe, and share of group gear (first aid kit etc.), 30-40 litre size recommended
- Sunglasses and/or Ski Goggles
- You will be provided with field book, but please bring pencils
- It is HIGHLY recommended that you arrive with a GPS App installed on your phone. GAIA is preferred.
Mountain Addicts have transceiver, shovel, and probe rentals available.